Hey y'all! Things have been kinda quiet here on the blog because my computer is in the shop. Thursday morning I woke up to find that my entire picture folder was deleted. Like completely gone! Talk about a pit in my stomach. I've been praying like crazy that all is not lost. At the same time I'm praising the Lord for the blog and all of the memories that are documented on here. Yes, I have an external hard-drive that I backup to but my editing software holds many pictures that were not backed up:(
While I'm without my computer and my real time photos I thought I'd do a throw-back get to know me kinda post. Here are 15 random things about me.
1. I still have AND use my original caboodle that I got for my 12th birthday. Why? Because it's awesome and so handy.
2. When I was in college I babysat for the owners of Freebirds World Burrito and got to eat all the Freebirds I wanted. Yeah, it was pretty awesome and just might have been what sealed the deal for Matt.
3. You know how most people look super fabulous and fancy when they get engaged? Well, I had just gotten out of the shower and was in my robe when Matt came over for a surprise visit and popped the question. Looking back on it I wouldn't change a thing. He knew me well enough to know that I would have caught on to him in a hurry if we were dressed nice and doing something super planned and romantic at that stage in our relationship. So instead he came over early on my Birthday morning and surprised my with our dog Nellie. I ran Nellie into my roommates room to show her my new puppy and she looked at me puzzled and pointed out that there was a ring on her collar, I looked at it and was confused and then looked up at Matt and there he was down on one knee ready to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. And today is our 6th Anniversary!
4. In College I won an intramural weight lifting competition. It made me feel like a haus even though I wasn't. I guess all the really strong people had better things to do than compete in a weight lifting competition on that Saturday morning.
5. I'm double jointed in my tongue. As in I can pop my tongue like a person can pop their fingers. Weird I know but I scored major cool points in middle school.
6. I'm the youngest of four girls.
7. I kinda want to give natural child birth a try but I'm scared that the pain will be too much to handle when it's too late to get an epidural.
8. I'm slightly obsessed with Dog the Bounty Hunter. So much so that I even dressed like him for Halloween one year. Here I am in all of my "Dog" glory.
9. I'm super insecure about the things that I say. I always leave a social gathering or conversation with my face in my palm wondering why I said the things I said and thinking that I'm an idiot.
10. In our first year of marriage we experienced a molar pregnancy. I'm thinking about doing a series telling more about it.
11. The first book I read with enthusiasm from front to back in less than a week was Redeeming Love.
12. I lost my taste buds for an entire year after I got a tonsillectomy. Apparently that's common for an adult tonsillectomy yet never got brought up during pre-op. You would think that could be a good thing but it was horrible! To have a craving for chocolate only for it to taste like play-dough was absolute torture.
13. I have an irrational fear of my cabinets and pantry shelves collapsing when they are filled to capacity. The day after a big trip to the grocery store and shelves full of clean dishes has me anticipating disaster.
14. The sound of crunching ice drives me bonkers! I always end up sitting next to the dude that swirls his solo cup around searching for those last pieces of ice to chomp on. Makes me an absolute nut!
15. I think you should share any positive thought you have about somebody. Sometimes this plays into #9 but whatevs. So often we have random negative thoughts of comparrison or just plain evil that go through our head.I think it's important to act on the random positive thoughts that come into our head and maybe they will start to overrule the mean thoughts. Even if that means I have to feel like an idiot when I say, " you have the best teeth I have ever seen," so be it. I guarantee it brightens the recipients day.
Well...that was all over the place random and so much fun for me to share. I know once I publish this there will be many more random thoughts that come into my head that I will wish I could have shared so maybe I can do a follow up. If there's anything random you want to know or ask please ask away in the comments section.